Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thing 11

I have heard of Google Docs in the past but had not looked into the much until now. The Google Docs site worked much in the same way that MS Office would. The only thing that I did notice was a little bit of wait time because it is web based and things are sometimes slow here at my school. The wait time was very short though so nothing that would make me not want to try to use Google Docs in the future.

I think it could very well replace my copies of MS Office and I think that Microsoft should be very nervous. I can't see spending money in the future to upgrade and old version of Office when I can use Google Docs for free. I can also see that in the future, when I get a new computer I would opt out of MS Office to save some money.

I like the idea of students being able to access their files from anywhere - home, school, library etc. This makes the internet more readily available to almost everyone. This would be a big help when kids are absent on a day that I had computer lab time. They would have the option of working at home to complete what they missed. In the past if a student missed a computer lab activity I would have not other choice but to omit the assignment for that student.

Definitly looks loke something I will use in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment